We talked about the best flea treatments for puppies, but what about the mother dogs. What is the best way to treat a dog for fleas if she has puppies and nursing? What is the best flea treatment for lactating dogs?
Most people know that the substances consumed by a mother are passed along to the baby. It is why human mothers are encouraged to quit smoking, limit caffeine and alcohol intake and even watch the spicy foods they eat.
You should be concerned about what kind of medications you are giving to a dog who is nursing a litter of puppies. After all, the chemicals you use on the mother can be passed to the pups through the mother’s milk.
Is There a Safe Flea Treatment for Lactating Dogs?
Luckily, the answer is yes. Several safe and effective flea treatments for lactating dogs are on the market today. Most flea medications for dogs are safe for pregnant and lactating dogs. Many veterinarians recommend the continued use of flea and tick medication as well as heartworm prevention medicines to stop the spread of parasites from the mother to the puppies. Continue reading “Safe Flea Treatment for Lactating Dogs”
Vet's Best Flea and Tick Yard and Kennel Spray, 32 oz, USA Made*
- EFFECTIVE - Vet's Best Flea and Tick Yard and Kennel Spray kills mosquitoes, fleas, flea eggs, and ticks by contact. Proven effective.
- OUTDOOR USE ONLY - Connect it up to your garden hose with the convenient hose attachment, and treat up to 4,500 square feet of your great outdoors. Refer to the directions in product description prior to use.
- PLANT-BASED AND SAFE - Our formula uses certified natural essential oils and plant-based ingredients, such as peppermint oil and eugenol (from clove plants.) Not known to be harmful to trees, shrubs, or flowers.
- NON-STAINING - Vet's Best Flea and Tick Yard and Kennel Spray can be used on turf, lawns, kennels, patios, and other outside surfaces, and will not stain.
- MADE IN THE USA and proven effective.Safe for use around dogs and cats 12 weeks or older
List Price: $ 16.49 You Save: $ 5.00 (30%) Price: $ 11.49 Buy now at Amazon* Price incl. VAT., Excl. Shipping
Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Yard and Kennel Spray Full Review
We first mentioned Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Yard and Kennel spray in our best flea and tick yard treatment reviews post. We thought we’d dig a little deeper into some of the products we mentioned on there. If this is your first time on the site and you didn’t see the previous post, Check it out, or just keep reading here. Continue reading “Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Yard and Kennel Spray Review”