The best offense is a good defense. That doesn’t just go for sports, but also for flea and tick defense. If you are fighting the good fight against fleas and ticks in your home, start where they live. In your yard. We will give you flea and tick yard treatment reviews that will hopefully help you eradicate these parasitic pests.
You can also check out our petsourceUSA.com recommendations for Flea and Tick prevention for your puppy.
- EFFECTIVE - Vet's Best Flea and Tick Yard and Kennel Spray kills mosquitoes, fleas, flea eggs, and ticks by contact. Proven effective.
- OUTDOOR USE ONLY - Connect it up to your garden hose with the convenient hose attachment, and treat up to 4,500 square feet of your great outdoors. Refer to the directions in product description prior to use.
- PLANT-BASED AND SAFE - Our formula uses certified natural essential oils and plant-based ingredients, such as peppermint oil and eugenol (from clove plants.) Not known to be harmful to trees, shrubs, or flowers.
- NON-STAINING - Vet's Best Flea and Tick Yard and Kennel Spray can be used on turf, lawns, kennels, patios, and other outside surfaces, and will not stain.
- MADE IN THE USA and proven effective.Safe for use around dogs and cats 12 weeks or older
Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Yard and Kennel Spray
The first of our flea and tick yard treatment reviews is for Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Yard and Kennel Spray. We really like this product. Heres why.
- Hose End Nozzle
- Plant-Based Formula
- Kills Mosquitos, fleas, flea eggs, and ticks
- MADE IN THE USA
- Connect to hose and spray
- All Natural. Won’t harm the environment or pets/family members.
- Targets multiple insect pests with one application
- Saves the time you would typically need to measure exact amounts into a conventional sprayer.
- Saves Money. No need to buy an additional hose end sprayer or products for multiple insects.
- Use with confidence knowing your family is safe from harsh chemicals.
Very effective at killing fleas and ticks in your yard. The product has a wonderful smell thanks to the use of essential oils. No chemical odor. Safe for people and pets.
Vet’s Best Yard and kennel spray only comes in a 32 Ounce Size. Sometimes the lid is not screwed on as tightly as it could be and product leaks in shipping. Some users reported the Hose end sprayer isn’t as durable as a store-bought hose sprayer
- The Same Products Pest Control Companies Use
- Yield and Mixing: One pint Suspend SC makes upto 64 gallons of solution, depending on the target pest
- For Use in and around: Indoors and outdoors, including food handling areas
- Broad-spectrum control of more than 50 nuisance pests
- No odor,
No visible residue,
Works on porous surfaces
Bayer Suspend SC
Next up in our Flea and tick yard treatment reviews is Bayer Suspend SC Insecticide. This is some potent stuff right here. If you are serious about removing Fleas and ticks (as well as 48 other insects) from your yard, This is the choice for you.
- Same ingredients Professional pest control companies use
- Can be used indoors or out
- Safe to use around food preparation areas
- Super Concentrated
- No Odor
- No visible residue
- No need for multiple products for interior and exterior applications
- No chemical smell
- 1 pint makes up to 64 Gallons of solution
- Kills over 50 kinds of insects
Use in kitchen and other living areas without worry.
- Save time by not switching from interior to exterior products.
- Save money. One product for all your needs. Don’t need a different spray for Ants, roaches, bedbugs, fleas, and ticks. One product does it all.
- Save even more. One pint of this stuff makes up to 64 gallons of pest control solution! Depending on the size of your yard, you will be set for years.
Bayer Suspend SC is a super concentrated formula. One bottle is going to last you a long, long time. It is the same formula that pest control companies use, so you know it works. It will kill more than just fleas and ticks and it is safe for indoor and outdoor application.
When it comes to fleas and ticks, There are lifecycles. Bayer Suspend SC kills adult fleas and ticks, but no the larvae and eggs, so more applications may be necessary to make an impact on the pest problem.
- Easy to use - anyone can apply! Use EcoTreat with water and hose-end sprayer. Apply to exterior walls of home, working back to property edges. Use 8oz dilution 2x in 1 week for treatment of active pests (to ensure destruction of egg stages), then 6oz dilution for preventative maintenance every 30-45 days.
- Made in the USA with human food-grade ingredients. 100% biodegradable and non-toxic pest control kills and repels mosquitoes, fleas, ticks, chiggers, roaches, crickets, and many more, yet it's SAFE around kids, pets and beneficial insects, like bees and butterflies. EcoTreat is a bio-based alternative to common synthetic pesticides (permethrin & pyrethroids). With EcoTreat and tap water, one concentrate controls hundreds of insects, spiders & venomous snakes.
- Safe to use around children and pets - even when wet! This all in one concentrate can be used in homes, offices, warehouses, food production facilities, lawns, gardens, golf courses, dog runs, parks and more.
- EcoTreat kills and repels mosquitoes, fleas, ticks, ants, chiggers, no-see-ums, mites, moths, japanese beetles, scorpions, carpet beetles, mole crickets, termites, box elder bugs, silverfish, roaches, palmetto bugs & numerous other non-beneficial insects.
- EcoTreat cedar oil based outdoor insect control can be applied with any applicator, and can be used inside for routine pest control without staining or residue. EcoTreat can safely be used inside and outside without danger to pets, people or property.
Wondercide Eco-Treat Natural Pest Control
Another natural product on the list of flea and tick yard treatment reviews is Wondercide Eco-Treat Natural Pest Control. Wondercide is a great alternative to heavy chemical products that can harm vegetation and your pets if not careful.
- All Natural
- Safe to beneficial insects like bees
- Kills flea eggs
- No Harsh Chemicals
- Takes care of the insects you want gone. Doesn’t harm insects that are good for the environment.
- Stops the flea life cycle
- Safe for people and pets
- Bees can continue to pollinate our food crops
- The longer the lifecycle remains broken, the longer you will be free of the pests
The cedar oil in Wondercide Ecotreat smells wonderful. You will not have to put up with a heavy chemical smell. The product is all natural. It is safe for people and pets even while it is still wet. Easy to apply. Just add a sprayer to your garden hose, fill and spray. When used as directed can stop the life cycle of fleas by killing their eggs. It is the only product on this list of flea and tick yard treatment reviews that claim to do so.
Additional products needed for the application. Must reapply several times to get the full effect of the product. Wondercide can only withstand light rainfall before reapplication is needed. Be careful to get the Outdoor version of Wondercide as the indoor version is harmful to vegetation.
How do I Treat My Yard for Fleas and Ticks?
When treating your yard for fleas and ticks, you should always follow the directions on the product labeling. This will ensure that the product will work as designed. Not following the manufacturer’s recommendation for usage and coverage could result in hazardous conditions for your family, pets, and yard. It could also result in less than optimal kill off of fleas and ticks.
Some of the products in our flea and tick yard treatment reviews list call for multiple applications, so be sure to read the directions carefully.
Where do Fleas and Ticks Live?
Fleas and ticks like to live in shaded areas of your yard. They like it warm, but not too warm and thrive in humid conditions.
You may want to evaluate your yard before applying a product from the flea and tick yard treatment reviews list. If you have shady areas, try to open them up to allow more sunlight in. Keep grass cut short. If you have a damp area, try to fix the drainage.
Eliminating the environments where fleas and ticks thrive in your yard will go a long way towards prevention against an infestation.
When are Fleas and Ticks Most Active?
The amount of flea and tick activity is going to vary from state to state. If you take a look at our flea season map to determine when fleas and ticks are most active in your area.
Knowing when the little pests are going to be out and working for their food, You can get a jump on them by starting your prevention methods early.
What is the best time of year to treat my yard for fleas and ticks?
The best time of year to treat your yard for fleas and ticks is going to depend on where you are in the country geographically. You obviously want to start early enough to stop the parasites before they get a strong foothold.
Arm yourself with knowledge. Know when fleas and ticks are most active in your area and then devise a plan for optimal control. This plan may include products from this flea and tick yard treatment reviews article coupled with flea and tick prevention products for your dog.
How do I Know if I Have Fleas and Ticks in my Yard?
If you have pets, You may get the suspicion that there are fleas and ticks in your yard based on their behavior or tell-tale environmental markers. First, scratching. If your dog or cat is constantly scratching, that might be an indicator of fleas and ticks. It might also just mean that Fido or Fluffy may have dry skin. Either way, If your pet is scratching, the first red flag should go up.
Second, restlessness. If your dog or cat can’t seem to get comfortable, the disturbance may be fleas. You should also check for flea dirt deposits in your pet’s bed, fur, and other areas of the carpet. It will appear as black and white specks. The black specks are flea crap. The white specks are their eggs. You find these, it’s time to go to war.
Other Signs of Flea Infestation
- Hair loss on your dog or cat
- Anemia/pale gums
- Off-colored dandruff
- Welts and bumps
If you suspect fleas andticks in your yard, there is an easy test you can to to check.
Put on a pair of tall white socks and go for a walk through the “seedier” parts of your lawn. You know, the shaded areas. The Areas that are a little darker, a little damper. That side of the deck where no one goes. That place where you dump the grass clippings. These are the neighborhoods where these little punks hide.
After that walk, inspect your socks for black specks. If they are there, it’s time to address the problem.
Will Treating my Yard for Fleas and Ticks Harm my Pets?
It doesn’t matter if you choose an all natural flea and tick yard treatment or one with chemicals. Read the label on any flea and tick yard treatment you decide to use. If you follow the directions, you should not have to worry about harming your pets or anyone in your house for that matter.
There is not a company out there that wants to hurt you or your pet. By following the manufacturer’s instructions for the product, Your pet will be safe. If you have any questions about a product or an ingredient in a product, check with your veterinarian they will be happy to answer your questions.
Flea and Tick Yard Treatment Reviews Conclusion
The flea and tick yard treatment reviews list is nowhere near a comprehensive source of products for treating your yard for fleas and ticks. These are just some of the products we have looked into that have had great results for people. If you know of another product, let us know about it in the comments. Thanks for reading!